Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Starbucks

I walked in to a Starbucks the other day to get me some of that coffee everybody is so crazy for.I mean this has got to be some great stuff. One cup of their coffee cost more than a lb. of coffee at the grocery store, so naturally I was expecting it to be the bomb.
I love coffee. Really I do. Unfortunately I couldn't find any there at Starbucks. They had hid it all behind some frilly french sounding names that I couldn't pronounce. As I gazed at the menu on the wall I felt all eyes on me. Oh crap, I dont even see the word coffee on the dang thing. I did manage to figure out that cafe mocha latte was some sort of coffee before total embarrassment set in.
I knew I was a fish out of water when I saw the guy behind the counter. He looked like he had just come from a peace rally. You know the type, more brain than brawn. In touch with his feminine side. I know when he took a look at me he had to chuckle inside, kind of like I would have if Id seen him down at the bait shop buying shad gizzards.
So before I was outed as a total redneck I blurted out "1 grande cafe mocha latte". For you unrefined idgets, that means "1 medium coffee with some of that chocolate stuff in it".
Well it was pretty good, and I got to walk around with this cup in my hand like I was one of the elite coffee drinkers. I aint going to settle for no 99 cent cup from 7-11, no way, I was cool.
Cool and broke. Man no wonder those Starbucks are springing up on every corner, I felt like I'd finally arrived. Im going to hang on to that cup, thats a powerful feeling man.

1 comment:

Brother Tim said...

Dude you ought to write for Larry the cable guy

 
Ring ID #: 497