Thursday, January 18, 2007

That aint snow

Ice scare 07 didn't hit us too bad but it sure hit hard around McAlister. Those folks are without power and its cold. Single digits at night. There's another one on the way with 6-8" of snow expected. I started clearing the ice from my walk & driveway some yesterday. I showed Tanner how to do it, then let him finish. He wasn't very fired up about that. It took him several hours because he farted around. That stuff was hard to get off. I went over to my folks house and finished off their driveway. It took a couple of hours. I'm going to be sore.

Longar Longar, the OU center that was suspended after elbowing a player from Texas Tech, finally gets back on the court Saturday. His suspension was a farce. I saw the tape of the thing, he was facing the guy out around the 3 pt line. Longar caught a pass, the guy faced up on him, almost in the same motion as catching the ball, he swung his elbows. You will see it in every game this season. It is a fundamental that is taught to all ball players. To protect the ball you need to hold the ball with two hands, elbows out. Then swing you elbows, the defender will either back off, or get clanked by an elbow. Bobby Knight just scared the big 12 folks into penalizing Longar just because he can. He knows Longar didn't do it on purpose, he's seen him on tape, he's as far from aggressive as he can be. Bobby Knight is a bully and a jerk. I feel sorry for his family. I hope we thump them when they come to OU. I want to see Bobby get some T's called on him.

No comments:

 
Ring ID #: 497